- Mycokit is designed to detect the presence of mycoplasma contaminating biological materials, such as cultured cells.
- Mycoplasma detection by the usual culture procedure is time consuming.
- Some mycoplasma species are difficult to cultivate.
- With PCR testing, results are obtained within only a few hours, since the presence of contaminant mycoplasma can be detected simply by verifying the bands of amplified DNA fragments in electrophoresis.
- There is no need to:
– Prepare probes labelled with radioisotopes
– Calculate enzyme, dNTPs or buffer concentrations
– Instead, a ready-to-use optimized PCR mix is provided.
– The reaction mix is supplemented with a precipitant that allows direct loading of PCR products into agarose gel.