LEIBOVITZ L-15 Medium
- Leibovitz L-15 Medium formulation promotes cell growth in CO2 unbalanced medium.
- The formulations were developed with the sodium bicarbonate buffer.
- The Leibovitz L-15 Medium is buffered with a complement of salts, free base amino acids and galactose, so it can be used under conditions of free gaseous exchange with the atmosphere.
- When properly supplemented, Leibovitz L-15 Medium supports existing cell lines, such as HEp-2 and LLC-MK2, as well as primary embryonic and adult human explanted tissue.
- Many viruses have also been successfully cultivated in this medium.