- Accutase is a “ready to use” cell detachment solution of proteolytic and collagenolytic enzymes.
- Accutase is the “gentler form” of Trypsin.
- It can replace Trypsin/EDTA for the detachment and dissociation of “anchorage-dependent” cells from surfaces.
- It can also be used on suspension cells to reduce clumping in preparation for counting.
- Key advantages of Accutase over the traditional Trypsin/EDTA:
– Less damaging to cells
– Increased cell viability
– Lowered risk of introducing adventitious agents
– Significant reduction of any mammalian or bacterially derived proteins
– Enhanced plating efficiency
– Improved cell morphology and cell growth characteristics
– Particularly useful for cells grown in serum free/protein free culture environment